In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Are at least age 62.
- Received at least one-half of your support from the deceased worker at the time of their death (or at the beginning of the deceased worker's disability).
- Provided timely documents that prove the deceased worker was providing at least one-half of your support.
- Are not entitled to retirement insurance benefit equal to or exceeding the amount of the parent's new benefit.
- Are the natural parent of the deceased worker (or become the stepparent or adoptive parent before the deceased worker reached the age of 16).
- Have not married after the deceased worker's death (unless an exception applies).
- The deceased worker had enough work credits.
Based on the information you gave you received support from a deceased child and you married after the date of your child's death. This would usually prevent you from qualifying for Parent's Benefits. There are exceptions, so you may still be eligible for this benefit program.