In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be at least age 62
- Have not married after the deceased worker's death (unless an exception applies)
- Received at least one-half of your support from the deceased worker at certain points in time
- You are the parent and would be eligible to share in the intestate personal property of the worker
- You legally adopted the insured worker before he or she turned 16; or
- You became the deceased's stepparent by a marriage entered into before the deceased turned 16.
- Not be entitled to retirement insurance benefit equal to or exceeding the amount of the parent's original benefit.
- Filed proof of support within the required time limits.
Based on the information you gave that you received support from a deceased child and you have not married after your child's death, you may be eligible to receive this benefit.